The assessments were developed in a manner consistent with recommendations of the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (AERA, APA, and NCME, 1999; 2014). More specifically, evidence-centered design (ECD) (Mislevy & Riconscente, 2006; Mislevy, Steinberg, & Almond, 2003) was utilized in the development of the assessments. There are five layers involved in ECD: domain analysis, domain modeling, conceptual assessment framework, assessment implementation, and assessment delivery. The evidence model developed through this process served as the "blueprint" for all assessment development.
- September 2011 – March, 2012: Advisory Board developed the Evidence Model
- April, 2012 – April, 2013: Developed Eight Pilot Forms of Assessments
- April – June, 2013: Piloted Assessments (2,075 Beg/Int; 1,249 Int/Adv)
- June – August, 2013: Analyzed Results from Pilot Administration
- September, 2013 – April, 2014: Finalized Forms of Assessments
- April – June, 2014: Administered Final Forms of Assessments